Double Dagger More
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Thrill Jockey
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Double Dagger has been rocking the Baltimore DIY circuit with its bass-and-drums assault for years, but this is the closest the punk trio has come to capturing the raucous energy of its live show on record. Recorded in an abandoned office building slated for demolition—the trio literally ran extension cords out the windows to plug in their gear—More’s kinetic energy reflects that raw environment. Songs like “We Are the Ones” and “The Lie/The Truth” are exuberant, would-be basement anthems that bring to mind the late ’80s/early ‘90s heyday of labels like Dischord and Touch and Go. More may not be the most original outing, but Double Dagger could do worse than taking notes from The Jesus Lizard.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player