Double Dagger More
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Thrill Jockey
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Double Dagger has been rocking the Baltimore DIY circuit with its bass-and-drums assault for years, but this is the closest the punk trio has come to capturing the raucous energy of its live show on record. Recorded in an abandoned office building slated for demolition—the trio literally ran extension cords out the windows to plug in their gear—More’s kinetic energy reflects that raw environment. Songs like “We Are the Ones” and “The Lie/The Truth” are exuberant, would-be basement anthems that bring to mind the late ’80s/early ‘90s heyday of labels like Dischord and Touch and Go. More may not be the most original outing, but Double Dagger could do worse than taking notes from The Jesus Lizard.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player