Double Dagger More
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Thrill Jockey
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Double Dagger has been rocking the Baltimore DIY circuit with its bass-and-drums assault for years, but this is the closest the punk trio has come to capturing the raucous energy of its live show on record. Recorded in an abandoned office building slated for demolition—the trio literally ran extension cords out the windows to plug in their gear—More’s kinetic energy reflects that raw environment. Songs like “We Are the Ones” and “The Lie/The Truth” are exuberant, would-be basement anthems that bring to mind the late ’80s/early ‘90s heyday of labels like Dischord and Touch and Go. More may not be the most original outing, but Double Dagger could do worse than taking notes from The Jesus Lizard.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
XLR8R Downloads Player