Double U Life Behind A Window
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Sonar Kollectiv
The newest project from Jazzanova's Berlin-based Sonar Kollektiv label comes from an unemployed French kid with a huge sound. Parisian producer Frank "Double U" Rabeyrolles debuts a stunning exercise in experimental hip-hop rhythms laced with '60s psychedelic instrumentals. Like the rich, multi-dimensional style of Jazzanova compositions, Rabeyrolles deftly manipulates a complex set of elements against unpredictable song structures and the result is something deeply stirring. Lonely hearts will shudder at the open vulnerability of Rabeyrolles' spoken word poem "Hard Times," while the melancholy sweetness of the opening track, "In Vain," weaves a tale of dodging disappointment amidst zigzagging electronic synth chords. Easily one of the brightest new talents of 2004.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player