Dr. Who Dat? Beat Journey
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Lex
Jneiro Jarel got his feet wet in music as an MC more than a decade ago, but he has since grown into one of the most remarkable hip-hop-rooted instrumentalists around. Recording under the moniker Dr. Who Dat?, Jarel produces a wide palette of soulful creations here, ranging from chunky, undulating hip-hop ("B-Boy Portrait In Spain") to Brazilian-tinged jazz ("Braziliant Thought"). Without the help of any MCs or guest vocalists, his Beat Journey is an uninterrupted quest into both the familiar and furthest regions of sound.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player