Dr. Who Dat? Beat Journey
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Lex
Jneiro Jarel got his feet wet in music as an MC more than a decade ago, but he has since grown into one of the most remarkable hip-hop-rooted instrumentalists around. Recording under the moniker Dr. Who Dat?, Jarel produces a wide palette of soulful creations here, ranging from chunky, undulating hip-hop ("B-Boy Portrait In Spain") to Brazilian-tinged jazz ("Braziliant Thought"). Without the help of any MCs or guest vocalists, his Beat Journey is an uninterrupted quest into both the familiar and furthest regions of sound.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player