The Drift Noumena
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Temporary Residence
Sporting slow motion, incandescent incantations and miles of majestic instrumental magick, San Francisco‘s The Drift post-rock so hard they think nothing of teasing four minutes of hazy gaze three times over until it becomes a 12-minute epic. Herein lies their triumphant strength: they allow each instrument the space and context to develop and abstract-the longer the songs, the better they are. Battling for conceptual cornerstone are the glimmering guitar of Tarentel‘s Danny Grody and Jeff Jacobs‘ bastard Bitches Brew fusion trumpets and flugelhorns-every other instrumental band should be terrified about now.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player