Drop The Lime Shot Shot Hearts
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
It‘s hardly enough to just break jungle beats and flail around punching old rave stabs and kick drums through the distort-o-matic these days. If you‘re Drop the Lime, you punch up Shot Shot Hearts with crazed, possibly semi-ironic exhortations, then leave everything on the dancefloor for a couple of tracks; and-just when that gets predictable-you haul out a slightly grimy cabaret croon, slow down the BPMs, and figure out what would happen if Leonard Cohen grew up with ragga-rave breakcore and Minor Threat on the turntable instead of Frank Sinatra.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player