Drop The Lime Shot Shot Hearts
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
It‘s hardly enough to just break jungle beats and flail around punching old rave stabs and kick drums through the distort-o-matic these days. If you‘re Drop the Lime, you punch up Shot Shot Hearts with crazed, possibly semi-ironic exhortations, then leave everything on the dancefloor for a couple of tracks; and-just when that gets predictable-you haul out a slightly grimy cabaret croon, slow down the BPMs, and figure out what would happen if Leonard Cohen grew up with ragga-rave breakcore and Minor Threat on the turntable instead of Frank Sinatra.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player