Drop The Lime Shot Shot Hearts
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
It‘s hardly enough to just break jungle beats and flail around punching old rave stabs and kick drums through the distort-o-matic these days. If you‘re Drop the Lime, you punch up Shot Shot Hearts with crazed, possibly semi-ironic exhortations, then leave everything on the dancefloor for a couple of tracks; and-just when that gets predictable-you haul out a slightly grimy cabaret croon, slow down the BPMs, and figure out what would happen if Leonard Cohen grew up with ragga-rave breakcore and Minor Threat on the turntable instead of Frank Sinatra.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player