Drop The Lime Shot Shot Hearts
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
It‘s hardly enough to just break jungle beats and flail around punching old rave stabs and kick drums through the distort-o-matic these days. If you‘re Drop the Lime, you punch up Shot Shot Hearts with crazed, possibly semi-ironic exhortations, then leave everything on the dancefloor for a couple of tracks; and-just when that gets predictable-you haul out a slightly grimy cabaret croon, slow down the BPMs, and figure out what would happen if Leonard Cohen grew up with ragga-rave breakcore and Minor Threat on the turntable instead of Frank Sinatra.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player