dub-L Day Of The Mega Beast
- Words: Brolin Winning
- Label: Day By Day
Best known for his work with DJ JS-1 (the Ground Original and Claimstake comps), and Aesop Rock (he produced Music For Earthworms), dub-L is clearly a beat-man on the rise. On this record, he hooks up with a vast assortment of NYC indie all-stars, including C-Rayz Walz on the apocalyptic "Deep Impact," GM Grimm for the bounce-driven "The Life I Lead," and O.G. Percee-P on the hard-knock tale "Ghetto Rhyme Story." Some of the lesser-known emcees fail to impress, but L's tracks, mostly of the sparse drums/weird keyboards variety, hold things together well.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player