Dub Tractor Hideout
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: City Centre Offices
Moving beyond the constraints and classifications of the electronic realm, Anders Remmer goes post-everything with his latest album. From the soothing static pulse of "Five 6" to the fairy-dusted dubbery of "I'm Like You," Hideout ebbs and flows with a superb fusion of basement-band instrumentation, daydreamy folktronics, and deliciously reverberant textures that softly melt all linear thought patterns. Each song unfolds gradually, taking its time to explore the nuances of every fuzzy, minimal melody and downshifted cadence through the warmth of Remmer's rich, granular production. If this is lo-fi, you may never want to be high again.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player