Dub Tractor Hideout
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: City Centre Offices
Moving beyond the constraints and classifications of the electronic realm, Anders Remmer goes post-everything with his latest album. From the soothing static pulse of "Five 6" to the fairy-dusted dubbery of "I'm Like You," Hideout ebbs and flows with a superb fusion of basement-band instrumentation, daydreamy folktronics, and deliciously reverberant textures that softly melt all linear thought patterns. Each song unfolds gradually, taking its time to explore the nuances of every fuzzy, minimal melody and downshifted cadence through the warmth of Remmer's rich, granular production. If this is lo-fi, you may never want to be high again.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player