Dub Tractor More Or less Mono
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: City Centre Offices
With More Or Less Mono, Dub Tractor (a.k.a. Anders Remmer of Future 3 fame) pulls off a compelling and surprisingly delicate fusion of minimal techno, experimental glitch and heartbreaking melodies, all with a distinctively effortless air. Remmer sticks to an intriguing formula of snarled drum loops, random machine noise and sharp crackles, all wrapped up in hazy synths, dubbed-out effects and acoustic instrumentals. But he also exhibits an admirable sense of restraint. Tracks like "Hum (Part 4)" (which combines wistful vocals with a lazy guitar line and dreamy reverb) and "I Don't Care" (a marvelous piece of space-age machine music) breathe with life and emotional depth, making this album an absorbing listen from beginning to end.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player