Dub Tractor More Or less Mono
- Words: Christine Hsieh
- Label: City Centre Offices
With More Or Less Mono, Dub Tractor (a.k.a. Anders Remmer of Future 3 fame) pulls off a compelling and surprisingly delicate fusion of minimal techno, experimental glitch and heartbreaking melodies, all with a distinctively effortless air. Remmer sticks to an intriguing formula of snarled drum loops, random machine noise and sharp crackles, all wrapped up in hazy synths, dubbed-out effects and acoustic instrumentals. But he also exhibits an admirable sense of restraint. Tracks like "Hum (Part 4)" (which combines wistful vocals with a lazy guitar line and dreamy reverb) and "I Don't Care" (a marvelous piece of space-age machine music) breathe with life and emotional depth, making this album an absorbing listen from beginning to end.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player