Dub Trio Exploring the Dangers Of
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: ROIR
Using bass, drums, keys, guitar, melodica and distorted effects, Brooklyn’s The Dub Trio create a parallel universe of head tripping sonics and itchy good grooves. Recorded live, some tracks in a local Brooklyn watering hole, Exploring the Dangers Of mines fresh scenarios of dizzy dub, post rock and neo-funk terrain, the focus constantly changing while retaining the trio’s bowel smacking attack. Much credit goes to drummer Joe Tomino, whose assortment of freak percussion adds exotic flourishes to his diverse and zesty rhythms. Part dub danger, part psychedelic madlib, Exploring is outstanding.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player