Dub Trio New Heavy
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Roir
While the mingling of rock and dub dates back to punk rastas like The Clash and Bad Brains, it's been less than successful in most experiments. Enter New York-based Dub Trio, whose phenomenal live show has translated to a record well worth the wait. The rock-influenced, predominantly instrumental New Heavy is capped by the brilliant "Not Alone," where guest Mike Patton shares epic growls rarely heard since his days in Faith No More. As for the remaining 35 minutes, Dub Trio proves that their move from backing musicians to a full-on ensemble was only a matter of time.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player