Dub Trio New Heavy
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Roir
While the mingling of rock and dub dates back to punk rastas like The Clash and Bad Brains, it's been less than successful in most experiments. Enter New York-based Dub Trio, whose phenomenal live show has translated to a record well worth the wait. The rock-influenced, predominantly instrumental New Heavy is capped by the brilliant "Not Alone," where guest Mike Patton shares epic growls rarely heard since his days in Faith No More. As for the remaining 35 minutes, Dub Trio proves that their move from backing musicians to a full-on ensemble was only a matter of time.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player