Dub Trio New Heavy
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Roir
While the mingling of rock and dub dates back to punk rastas like The Clash and Bad Brains, it's been less than successful in most experiments. Enter New York-based Dub Trio, whose phenomenal live show has translated to a record well worth the wait. The rock-influenced, predominantly instrumental New Heavy is capped by the brilliant "Not Alone," where guest Mike Patton shares epic growls rarely heard since his days in Faith No More. As for the remaining 35 minutes, Dub Trio proves that their move from backing musicians to a full-on ensemble was only a matter of time.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player