Dubblestandart Immigration Dub
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Collision
While singers usually get all the credit, there's often far more pressure on the backing band to come through, and Vienna-based Dubblestandart has backed some of reggae's finest, including Lee Perry and Dillinger. Immigration Dub marks their tenth full-length recording, and their opening sentiment–"We're stoned!" proclaimed over and over in the horn-laden, deep drum mix–is a quick indicator as to who king is (Namely, bass). The low-end is the band's seductive, not-so-shy trademark. And when the likes of Ken Boothe, Prince Far I, and Ari Up find their way inside, it's a party you can't miss. The decibels emanating from this soundsystem are simply unavoidable.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player