Dubblestandart Immigration Dub
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Collision
While singers usually get all the credit, there's often far more pressure on the backing band to come through, and Vienna-based Dubblestandart has backed some of reggae's finest, including Lee Perry and Dillinger. Immigration Dub marks their tenth full-length recording, and their opening sentiment–"We're stoned!" proclaimed over and over in the horn-laden, deep drum mix–is a quick indicator as to who king is (Namely, bass). The low-end is the band's seductive, not-so-shy trademark. And when the likes of Ken Boothe, Prince Far I, and Ari Up find their way inside, it's a party you can't miss. The decibels emanating from this soundsystem are simply unavoidable.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player