Dwayne Sodahberk Don't Want to Know You
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Tigerbeat6
This Swedish producer's debut album establishes him as one of Tigerbeat6's brightest stars. While he's supplied music for Absolut Vodka and Saab ads, Sodahberk sounds anything but commercial on Don't Want To Know You's 17 tracks. After unleashing some DSP heckler spray on the opening cut, Sodahberk shifts into a killer hip-hop groove that's as heavy as Dälek, as metallic as mid-period Autechre and as hypnotically tuneful as Wu-Tang Clan. Besides flaunting a surprising funkiness that recalls British masters like Cylob and Si Begg, Sodahberk likes to weave post-rock guitar textures into his digitized noise-clusters. Elsewhere, he angles for a spot on Clicks & Cuts 4 and tries to beat Herbert at his own quirk-house game. He may not want to know you, but you ought to know Sodahberk.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player