Ear Pwr Super Animal Brothers III
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Carpark
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Spastic North Carolina duo Ear Pwr sure is adorable. Fueled by Devin Booze’s breakneck beats and advanced synth skills, the music is designed with two things in mind—fun and dancing. Their hyperactive pace and lo-fi aesthetic is certainly reminiscent of artists like Dan Deacon (the duo actually moved to Baltimore recently to play more shows and be around more like-minded bands), but Sarah Reynolds’ vocals are surprisingly melodic and prevent the incessantly pounding Super Animal Brothers III from becoming an obnoxious listen. The album could easily soundtrack any DIY dance party, but songs like “Future Eyes,” “Beam of Light,” and the title track are especially sweet.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player