The Early Years The Early Years
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Beggars Banquet
London's The Early Years loves Neu!-specifically "Hallogallo." And why not? It's the most perfectly realized sonic encapsulation of graceful movement ever. The Early Years' self-titled debut uses that paean to smooth propulsion as its default mode, but other facets emerge, too. They show a predilection for mellow slide-guitar sighs and sincere balladry, like Spiritualized at their most pensive, as well as soulful drone dirges á la Spirit of Eden-era Talk Talk. When they're not in headlong motorik mode, The Early Years tends to descend-and ascend-into sentimentality and bombast. Nevertheless, this disc reveals a potentially great epic rock band.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player