Earmint Another Early Evening
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: EV Productions
While his debut isn't the sonic palate-cleanser that his moniker implies, producer Robert Krums shows promise on Another Early Evening. Showcasing both his dense instrumentals and rapper-friendly tracks, it's a respectable introduction that includes flattering references from contributing rappers like Chicago's Psalm One and Diverse. Earmint's steadily bubbling and recalibrating beats aren't wedded to any one style, and the disc shuffles from the trampoline-bounce background of opener "The Flash Slang" to the languid "So Much For Nothing" and the slightly muted DJ Shadow-like stampede of "Cut to Carchase." He's not exactly the freshmaker yet, but he could be in time.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player