- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Kriztal
Sexy tabla and sarod bleed into electronica-inspired studio effects on Eastenders' Orientation-a beveled reflection of Euriental diaspora. Overly-saturated tracks like Digital Jockey's "Ach ware ich ein zug, so fuhre ich in dein herz!" (whose schmaltzy synths are redolent of Erik Satie's "Gymnopedie" for piano) are complemented by more distilled arrangements like Orient Expressions' "Istanbul 1:26 am," in which a swank bongo dialogues with a jazzy saxophone. With breakneck percussion and snake-charmer harmonies, this compilation could be the soundtrack for a chic Jezebel joint, or an experimental blaxploitation film.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player