Eats Tapes Sticky Buttons
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Tigerbeat 6
Hunched over their arsenal of old-fangled synths and drum machines, Eats Tapes (Marijke Jorritsma and Gregory Zifcak) offers a tongue-in-cheek take on the current acid revival with their debut LP, Sticky Buttons. The album oozes a pogo-stick joviality in every burble of the duo‘s Roland TB-303, playing a delightful game of laser tag between manic 4/4 beats and wild-eyed melodies. There‘s a wink and nod on doodly, hyperactive tracks like "Supreme Master" and "Knightress," which play like analog in-jokes for the art-house glitcherati old enough to remember wielding glowsticks way back when. Sure, it‘s a shtick-but a loveable one!
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player