Edu K Frenétiko
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Man Recordings
As frontman of Brazilian punk group Defalla, over-caffeinated, heavily tattooed, leather-panted Edu K became one of the first to champion Rio's then-underground baile funk movement. Since then, Edu K has gone on to join the ranks of baile's world-renowned booty-bass culture and take that relentless beat forward with his guitar-punked take on the ultra-hyped sound. Frenétiko takes baile funk's main ingredients-thunderous Miami-style bass, simple 808 beats, gang-chanted Portuguese vocals, New Wave-y synth lines-and extends them illogically with street-punk guitars and shouts. The result is a record ready for the new dance craze: slam grinding.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player