- Words: Cameron Octigan
- Label: Dial
Berlin-based musician and Panoramabar resident Phillip Sollmann (a.k.a. Efdemin) finally releases his eponymous debut album, giving Dial–a label that thrills more than it thuds–one the best records of the year. An understated elegance and focus on sound production over dance induction is true to the label's sound, and it's prevalent here. "Lohn & Brot" has quickly become an underground and internet sensation with its organ-like melody and quietly over-driven bassline that pulls the listener through a series of soft highlights. "Bergwein" is the track that stands out, with its cautious, atmospheric, acid tones peppering sampled instrumentation. If you value your headphones, you need this disc.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player