- Words: Cameron Octigan
- Label: Dial
Berlin-based musician and Panoramabar resident Phillip Sollmann (a.k.a. Efdemin) finally releases his eponymous debut album, giving Dial–a label that thrills more than it thuds–one the best records of the year. An understated elegance and focus on sound production over dance induction is true to the label's sound, and it's prevalent here. "Lohn & Brot" has quickly become an underground and internet sensation with its organ-like melody and quietly over-driven bassline that pulls the listener through a series of soft highlights. "Bergwein" is the track that stands out, with its cautious, atmospheric, acid tones peppering sampled instrumentation. If you value your headphones, you need this disc.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player