Efterklang Under Giant Trees
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Leaf
Danish 10-piece Efterklang continues to tread nature-inspired post-classical territory on their third outing for Leaf, the aptly titled Under Giant Trees. Flitting from major to minor keys, as if in constant dialogue with itself, the album finds tracks like the splendorous "Falling Horses" and the almost playfully melancholy "Towards the Bare Hills" chafing against the ambivalent moodiness of "Himmelbjerget." Each composition is as majestic as the last, whether relying on the sweeping elegance of Rachel's, the child-like coyness and wide-eyed tenacity of Múm, or the sort of broad classical strokes that wouldn't sound out of place on a Godspeed record. A mighty, thoughtful offering of Morr-inspired chamber pop for the post-apocalyptic set.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player