Efterklang Under Giant Trees
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Leaf
Danish 10-piece Efterklang continues to tread nature-inspired post-classical territory on their third outing for Leaf, the aptly titled Under Giant Trees. Flitting from major to minor keys, as if in constant dialogue with itself, the album finds tracks like the splendorous "Falling Horses" and the almost playfully melancholy "Towards the Bare Hills" chafing against the ambivalent moodiness of "Himmelbjerget." Each composition is as majestic as the last, whether relying on the sweeping elegance of Rachel's, the child-like coyness and wide-eyed tenacity of Múm, or the sort of broad classical strokes that wouldn't sound out of place on a Godspeed record. A mighty, thoughtful offering of Morr-inspired chamber pop for the post-apocalyptic set.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player