Einstürzende Neubauten Alles Wieder Offen
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Potomak
- XLR8R Rating: 5/10
These industrial-rock mavericks made the political wasteland of West Berlin sing loud and proud during the Cold War. Maybe it’s middle age or the fact that junk-metal has limited musical value, but our mensches sound awfully mellow here. They drop art terrorism in favor of ballads for long winter nights sung in Blixa Bargeld’s gruff baritone. But not everything is fit for a church basement dance. “Die Wellen” takes a stroll from Eden to Hades through a pounding piano chord and Bargeld’s growing frustration, and “Let’s Do It a Dada” briefly falls into a carnival-esque riot of noise. Sadly, the band’s energy runs on fumes in too many mellow grooves–getting scarily close to Broadway schmaltz.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player