Ekkehard Ehlers Politik Braucht Keinen Feind
- Words: Susanna Bolle
- Label: Staubgold
With its images of dissolute club-goers, the cover art and booklet of this latest release by Frankfurt's versatile Ekkehard Ehlers would seem at first glance to herald his return to the dance floor-hinting more at the aquatic techno of his Auch persona. Instead, this disc finds Ehlers creating his own form of drifting chamber music. On the first two pieces, Ehlers works with a single instrument-on "Ma?nder," a bass clarinet, on "Blind," a cello-whose sound he then manipulates, layers and distorts into surprisingly complex and richly evocative compositions. The final, extended piece, a mesmerizing, immersive drone called "Woolf Phase" is perhaps the least complex of the three, but is engrossing nonetheless.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player