El Da Sensei The Unusual
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Fat Beats
The title of El Da Sensei‘s new album is a bit misleading. He‘s one of the last cats you would classify as "unusual." In fact, El has consistently been one of the best back-to-basics MCs since his days in The Artifacts. The title of the invigorating opening cut, "Crow Pleasa," is undoubtedly a more fitting description for this New Jeruz native. As he raps on "What‘s My Name?," his music is "just that boom-bap accompanied with the rhyme." With his flow as sharp as ever and beatsmiths like Illmind, DJ Revolution, and J Rawls on his side, El‘s barebones approach pays off pretty nicely.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player