El Da Sensei The Unusual
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Fat Beats
The title of El Da Sensei‘s new album is a bit misleading. He‘s one of the last cats you would classify as "unusual." In fact, El has consistently been one of the best back-to-basics MCs since his days in The Artifacts. The title of the invigorating opening cut, "Crow Pleasa," is undoubtedly a more fitting description for this New Jeruz native. As he raps on "What‘s My Name?," his music is "just that boom-bap accompanied with the rhyme." With his flow as sharp as ever and beatsmiths like Illmind, DJ Revolution, and J Rawls on his side, El‘s barebones approach pays off pretty nicely.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player