El Da Sensei The Unusual
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Fat Beats
The title of El Da Sensei‘s new album is a bit misleading. He‘s one of the last cats you would classify as "unusual." In fact, El has consistently been one of the best back-to-basics MCs since his days in The Artifacts. The title of the invigorating opening cut, "Crow Pleasa," is undoubtedly a more fitting description for this New Jeruz native. As he raps on "What‘s My Name?," his music is "just that boom-bap accompanied with the rhyme." With his flow as sharp as ever and beatsmiths like Illmind, DJ Revolution, and J Rawls on his side, El‘s barebones approach pays off pretty nicely.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player