El Goodo El Goodo
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Empyream
Ask your dad: The 1960s blew the top off of a lot of things, rock music hardly excluded. From the radical re-envisioning of folk to the wildfire spread of psychedelic drugs, a lot happened, and nothing has been the same since. Wales' ‘60s-adoring band El Goodo is proof. Their self-titled debut offers songs like "Here it Comes" (a direct rip of VU's "Heroin") and the foot-shooter "Stuck in the Sixties." The gang's all here: Brian Wilson faux-percussion bobs, Farfisa organ runs, and Byrdsy jangle dominate, but the line between homage and rip-off never seemed so treacherous.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player