El Goodo El Goodo
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Empyream
Ask your dad: The 1960s blew the top off of a lot of things, rock music hardly excluded. From the radical re-envisioning of folk to the wildfire spread of psychedelic drugs, a lot happened, and nothing has been the same since. Wales' ‘60s-adoring band El Goodo is proof. Their self-titled debut offers songs like "Here it Comes" (a direct rip of VU's "Heroin") and the foot-shooter "Stuck in the Sixties." The gang's all here: Brian Wilson faux-percussion bobs, Farfisa organ runs, and Byrdsy jangle dominate, but the line between homage and rip-off never seemed so treacherous.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player