Electric Company It's Hard to Be a Baby
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Tigerbeat6
The words "Tigerbeat6" and "mature" rarely find themselves in close proximity. And though there's plenty of wit, whimsy and DSP-fuckery to be found on It's Hard To Be A Baby, Brad Laner seems to suggest they aren't mutually exclusive concepts. It's Hard finds a comfy resting place between Mego and Mille Plateaux. "The Lifestyle" sounds like Joe Boyd's string arrangements for Nick Drake as produced by Cex. "A Good Top Tongue" slips in like DAT Politics cutting up Timbaland and Stephan Mathieu. Elsewhere, acoustic guitars weave among out-hop breaks, and white squalls cut razorlike into uneasy beats. Quite fantastic, and grown-up, too.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player