Electronicat Voodoo Man
- Words: Yuri Wuensch
- Label: Disko B
Going beyond the electroclash curtain, Electronicat reveals some nu-wave and glam rock wizardry on his latest, Voodoo Man. It‘s hard not to hear the Talking Heads influence on the oscillating bass monster "Dans Les Bois" or Iggy Pop on "Flesh + Accessories." Even older rockabilly-styled guitar riffs punctuate stuff like "A Lover‘s Suitcase," the self-explanatorily titled "Wap Doowap," or the analog kick/garage band rush of "Non." While Electronicat‘s Fred Bigot, like so many others, hits upon an electro-driven template, he still manages to do so with a bit of panache. Voodoo Man‘s bombast is bound to go down well with discriminating punks and mods everywhere.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player