ElekTro4 Keystroke One
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Bully
ElekTro4 is a smart guy. With his debut, Keystroke One, this NYC-based instrumentalist has cleverly divided his album into two sections. Part One: Portrait Of The City is a vibrant, hip-hop-driven response to living in NYC, complete with sampled rhymes and neck-snapping beats. Then there‘s Part Two: The Suicide Suite, a more downcast grouping of work complete with eerie piano and organ melodies. Almost any hip-hop fan will enjoy Part One, whereas conoisseurs of darker beats (like those of DJ Signify, who provides cuts here) will be drawn to Part Two. Nonetheless, the album is good enough to be enjoyed straight through as well.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player