ElekTro4 Keystroke One
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Bully
ElekTro4 is a smart guy. With his debut, Keystroke One, this NYC-based instrumentalist has cleverly divided his album into two sections. Part One: Portrait Of The City is a vibrant, hip-hop-driven response to living in NYC, complete with sampled rhymes and neck-snapping beats. Then there‘s Part Two: The Suicide Suite, a more downcast grouping of work complete with eerie piano and organ melodies. Almost any hip-hop fan will enjoy Part One, whereas conoisseurs of darker beats (like those of DJ Signify, who provides cuts here) will be drawn to Part Two. Nonetheless, the album is good enough to be enjoyed straight through as well.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player