Elephant Man Let's Get Physical
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Bad Boy-VP
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Breakneck tempos, furious party-oriented lyrics, humorous asides, catchy choruses, and a star-studded guest list (Chris Brown, Wyclef, Swizz Beats, Rhianna, Shaggy) mark the Energy God’s return. As usual, Ele concentrates on sex, dancing, and keeping the vibes sky-high. In his oversized hands, dancehall music is treated with church-like reverence; his calls to action have all the authority of a pastor’s sermon. The intensity could easily inspire holy roller-like convulsions, most notably on “Jump,” a crunk-ragga-hop tune with all the impact of a thermonuclear jackhammer. As its title suggests, Let’s Get Physical isn’t an especially cerebral album, but if you have to think too hard about shakin’ your moneymaker to this, yuh nah ready yet.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player