Ellay Khule Califormula
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Decon
Ellay Khule (a.k.a. Rifleman) has never been the most publicized member of LA's Project Blowed collective, yet he carries one of the crew's most distinctive flows-a lightning-fast, "chop-hop" style. His new album, Califormula, may be the most thorough showcase of his skills thus far, and he's in good hands with forward-thinking Angelenos Omid and Nobody manning the boards. Despite his accelerated verbal speed, it's never too difficult to make out his ever-conscious dialect. While his style might be too wild for some, fans of the LA underground and Project Blowed are bound to love it.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player