Ellay Khule Califormula
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Decon
Ellay Khule (a.k.a. Rifleman) has never been the most publicized member of LA's Project Blowed collective, yet he carries one of the crew's most distinctive flows-a lightning-fast, "chop-hop" style. His new album, Califormula, may be the most thorough showcase of his skills thus far, and he's in good hands with forward-thinking Angelenos Omid and Nobody manning the boards. Despite his accelerated verbal speed, it's never too difficult to make out his ever-conscious dialect. While his style might be too wild for some, fans of the LA underground and Project Blowed are bound to love it.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsSimian Mobile Disco Shares Second Single from 'Whorl'
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player