Ellen Allien + Apparat Orchestra of Bubbles
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Bpitch Control
Orchestra is full of ace electro-house that beautifully pools the talents of Allien and Sascha Ring (Apparat) into sad melodies and strident, humanity-imbued rhythms. "Do Not Break" demands immediate breakdancing while the standout "Metric" resembles a Busta Rhymes joint pitted against a string symphony. If it weren't for "Leave Me Alone," where Ring's sports-bar pop croon better is suited to an after-school TV special about making the right choices about sex and homework, this record might've been a masterwork.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player