Ellen Allien Remix Collection
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Asphodel
Berlin-based techno songstress Ellen Allien seems simultaneously in love with the sonics of experimental electronic-the clicks and the crunches, the scrapes and the scrunches-and the form and frameworks of pop music. Delightfully, the producer/DJ manages to have her cake and eat it, creating the former from the palette of the latter. Her self-explanatory Remix Collection showcases her astute skill in managing this process, filtering tracks by the likes of Sascha Funke, Gold Chains and Covenant through the Allien aesthetic. The delightful collection's sleeve shows branches of a tree feeding to and from Allien's body, which could be a metaphor for the results of her remixing: The new versions are akin to mutant hybrids, their origins readily identifiable back to the originals, but also to Allien herself.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player