Elmore Judd Angel Sound
- Words: Steve Nickolls
- Label: Above The Clouds
Elmore Judd-otherwise known as UK producer Jesse Hackett-steps up to the plate currently occupied by the likes of Slum Village, PPP, and SA-RA, possessing a similar ability to balance sleazy, grimy P-funk, spiky hip-hop rhythms, and silken smooth soul. That said, this is no mere imitation of his sonic US cousins-there is something indefinably British about this, with echoes of The Specials, Roots Manuva, and New Flesh in its often spooky urban skank. Perhaps there is a little too much reliance on a minimalist electro sound palette, but there‘s plenty of potential here to get excited about.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player