Elmore Judd Angel Sound
- Words: Steve Nickolls
- Label: Above The Clouds
Elmore Judd-otherwise known as UK producer Jesse Hackett-steps up to the plate currently occupied by the likes of Slum Village, PPP, and SA-RA, possessing a similar ability to balance sleazy, grimy P-funk, spiky hip-hop rhythms, and silken smooth soul. That said, this is no mere imitation of his sonic US cousins-there is something indefinably British about this, with echoes of The Specials, Roots Manuva, and New Flesh in its often spooky urban skank. Perhaps there is a little too much reliance on a minimalist electro sound palette, but there‘s plenty of potential here to get excited about.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player