- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Temporary Residence
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Previously known for his balance of guitar-washed drone and ambient noise, Matthew Cooper's Eluvium project shows maturation through controlled simplicity on Copia. Without guitars, the record lends a sense of timelessness to Eluvium's pastoral pieces. At times, as on "Prelude for Time Feelers," his work surpasses his peers', achieving a level of sincerity on par with composers like Arvo Pärt. Even less structured tracks, like "Seeing You Off the Edges," are clear and intentional. By subtracting layers and letting his compositions stand on their own, Matthew Cooper has created a profound and lasting record.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player