- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Temporary Residence
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Previously known for his balance of guitar-washed drone and ambient noise, Matthew Cooper's Eluvium project shows maturation through controlled simplicity on Copia. Without guitars, the record lends a sense of timelessness to Eluvium's pastoral pieces. At times, as on "Prelude for Time Feelers," his work surpasses his peers', achieving a level of sincerity on par with composers like Arvo Pärt. Even less structured tracks, like "Seeing You Off the Edges," are clear and intentional. By subtracting layers and letting his compositions stand on their own, Matthew Cooper has created a profound and lasting record.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player