eLZhi The Preface
- Words: Zoneil Maharaj
- Label: Fat Beats
One of the most respected MCs out of Detroit and one-third of Slum Village, eLZhi lives up to the hype on his proper solo debut, The Preface. With a knack for wordplay, clever concepts, and a breathless delivery, eLZhi has skills that many MCs lack. On “Guessing Game,” he spits incomplete bars, testing listeners to finish the line before he does. The Preface is produced almost entirely by Detroit luminary Black Milk, whose crafty beat work evokes the ghost of Dilla with heavy bass and slapping snares. The disc is further enhanced by guest verses from Detroiters Royce Da 5’9”, Guilty Simpson, and Phat Kat, and makes for a worthy contender for hip-hop album of the year.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player