Emperor Machine Vertical Tones and Horizontal Noise
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: DC Recordings
Working solo as Emperor Machine, Andy Meecham's second LP is another departure from the acid revivalism that marks his work as Chicken Lips. Vertical Tones is a compendium of 12"s released over the past year, all produced with a loving nostalgia for vintage ‘70s analog production. Tracks like the epic "Roller Daddy" are enjoyable only on a kitschy level. But others are canny updates on the era, and solid floor bangers in their own right; "Lift Up Chong and See" plays like the future of electro-house with its the tightly zippered synths, cowbells, and robo-minx vocals.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Daft Punk, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Boards of Canada, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player