Emperor Machine Vertical Tones and Horizontal Noise
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: DC Recordings
Working solo as Emperor Machine, Andy Meecham's second LP is another departure from the acid revivalism that marks his work as Chicken Lips. Vertical Tones is a compendium of 12"s released over the past year, all produced with a loving nostalgia for vintage ‘70s analog production. Tracks like the epic "Roller Daddy" are enjoyable only on a kitschy level. But others are canny updates on the era, and solid floor bangers in their own right; "Lift Up Chong and See" plays like the future of electro-house with its the tightly zippered synths, cowbells, and robo-minx vocals.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player