- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: FatCat
In the half-decade since his Rephlex-released Sketch Proposals, Olivier Alary has written with and remixed Björk as well as recording as one third of the Prix Ars Electronica-nominated group Chlorgeschlecht. Alary's reanimated Ensemble sounds perfectly poised, equidistant between electronic and acoustic, between melody and noise, between loveliness and abstraction. The Toulouse-born, Montreal-based producer backgrounds the voices of Lou Barlow, Cat Power's Chan Marshall, Camille Claverie, and (fellow sonic arts student) Mileece with digital and orchestral walls of sound to produce an album that thrives on its various antithetical qualities.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player