Eraldo Bernocchi + Harold Budd Music For Fragments From The Inside
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Sub Rosa
Originally recorded as the musical accompaniment to PM Koma‘s video installation of same name, Fragments is an equally powerful experience out of context. Budd‘s subdued chording and stripped down structures engage the ebb and flow of Bernocchi‘s subliminal texturing, elastic vocal splices and sparse percussive programming with a cool, haunting touch. The tracks, named by number, incorporate elements of dub, jazz and even trip-hop, but only as a mild reference point in an otherwise amorphous daydream. Image-evoking in its own solemn state, Fragments is a projection of virtual light through the mind‘s eye.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player