Erase Eratta At Crystal Palace
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Troubleman Unlimited
No wave standouts Erase Errata have had more recent hype-and, thanks to Sonic Youth, good luck-than any other truly indie band (not counting the slew of major-label revisionist garage rockers). They actually deserve it, because they've got the balls of D.Boon and the imagination of early '80s David Byrne. Their second full-length is filled with short and sweet disjointed jams (the pounding "Go to Sleep," "Retreat! The Most Familiar") that recall the high-toned guitar work of early Bauhaus and the Minutemen. The self-consciousness of the work sometimes gets in the way (check "Surprise It's Easter" or the deliberate deconstruction of song structure on the entire album), but it's refreshing to hear a badass band of ladies get loud and disorderly all over pop music's squeaky clean face.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player