Erase Eratta At Crystal Palace
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Troubleman Unlimited
No wave standouts Erase Errata have had more recent hype-and, thanks to Sonic Youth, good luck-than any other truly indie band (not counting the slew of major-label revisionist garage rockers). They actually deserve it, because they've got the balls of D.Boon and the imagination of early '80s David Byrne. Their second full-length is filled with short and sweet disjointed jams (the pounding "Go to Sleep," "Retreat! The Most Familiar") that recall the high-toned guitar work of early Bauhaus and the Minutemen. The self-consciousness of the work sometimes gets in the way (check "Surprise It's Easter" or the deliberate deconstruction of song structure on the entire album), but it's refreshing to hear a badass band of ladies get loud and disorderly all over pop music's squeaky clean face.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player