- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Laboratory Instinct
Presented in game-save menu format, the 16 tracks of Nika Machaidze‘s debut LP transcend the often-diluted soundtrack approach with a selection of superbly written and truly attention-grabbing electronic music. It would be pointless to assign genre references here, as Cyberpunk‘s progression takes the listener from the symphonic flutters of "Influtusa" and "TV Show" to the opiate pixilation of "Lullaby" and the fractured percussion of "Dimpitauri" in the space of one hour. Machaidze‘s film and video-production background is obvious, and he evokes emotion and imagery quite prominently throughout the album. My only complaint here is the lack of any embedded Quicktime eye candy. Maybe next time.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
XLR8R Downloads Player