- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Laboratory Instinct
Presented in game-save menu format, the 16 tracks of Nika Machaidze‘s debut LP transcend the often-diluted soundtrack approach with a selection of superbly written and truly attention-grabbing electronic music. It would be pointless to assign genre references here, as Cyberpunk‘s progression takes the listener from the symphonic flutters of "Influtusa" and "TV Show" to the opiate pixilation of "Lullaby" and the fractured percussion of "Dimpitauri" in the space of one hour. Machaidze‘s film and video-production background is obvious, and he evokes emotion and imagery quite prominently throughout the album. My only complaint here is the lack of any embedded Quicktime eye candy. Maybe next time.
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player