Ernest Gonzales Been Meaning to Tell You
Been Meaning to Tell You is an album whose actual music is only half the story. Released by the innovative LA label Friends of Friends, the latest record from Ernest Gonzales is accompanied by a book of art pieces for each track, a viral website, and a covers version of the album, as well as the preceding EP with extra non-album tracks. The album itself balances electronic twee with inventive arrangements, and although occasionally suffering from the lack of a vocalist, the record is carried by Gonzales' clean melodies and ear for sonic detail. The project as a whole is impressive, but it's a testament to Gonzales that his music holds up to the grand scope of his endeavor.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
XLR8R Downloads Player