Ernesto A New Blues
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Exceptional
Mysterious one-name vocalist Ernesto dares to go where his album title points, where Moby claimed to go years ago but failed: into a new form of the blues for the 21st cenury. Ernesto‘s high, catchy voice was uniquely suited to the broken beat sound of Beanfield‘s Seek last year, but on A New Blues he finds a fuller expression of his vision of melding blues structures with future jazz/IDM electronics. Check out the DSP‘ed, microedited vocals, strangled bass, and swooping Herbie Hancock keys of "No More" for a précis: bringing the oldest forms of soul into line with the nu-est.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player