Es Waves Nakatomi Plaza
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Inaspace
Ambient producers can find themselves caught between swooping and spaced-out, a dichotomy that Stephen Woolridge (a.k.a. Es Waves) mostly navigates successfully. The nine tracks here revel in their synthy layers and the fluid darkness that comes from music based more on emotional states than devotion to a particular structure. But a little structure can go a long way, and the sometimes-overlong songs (the 10-minute "To Touch") find Woolridge substituting length for true tension.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player