Etienne Jaumet Night Music
Mixed by Carl Craig, French producer Etienne Jaumet's first solo album delivers. 20-minute opener "For Falling Asleep" utilizes looped, occasionally acidy arpeggiations, with a processed saxophone providing the piece's main melody. Weird whisperings and ululations provide the piece with some foreboding undertones that wouldn't make for pleasant dreams, but the pastoral final minutes are dreamy enough for an afternoon nap. As the record continues, shades of early Nu Groove synth workouts and more esoteric Detroit techno come to the fore, with purposefully minimal and raw-seeming arrangements being the record's M.O. After hearing the Middle Eastern flavor of "Through the Strata" and the excellent atmospherics of album closer "At the Crack of Dawn," it's clear that Night Music is an unshakable, timeless piece of electronic music.
- NewsHear a Soulful New Edit from Eliphino
- NewsRBMA Announces the Complete List of Participants for Its 2014 Edition in Tokyo
- NewsStream the Final Track from Anthony Naples' Upcoming EP for The Trilogy Tapes
- MP3Radio Slave & Thomas Gandey "XLR8R"
- NewsMount Kimbie Shares New Mix, Announces Upcoming North American Tour
XLR8R Downloads Player