Europa 51 Absstractions
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: L
Europa 51 come round rapping sultrily on your door with one question and one question only: at what point do you go from being influenced by the meandering pastoral postures of Tortoise and the breathy, vocalized foxtrots of Stereolab to sounding like a college dive bar-inhabiting cover band? Or, as displayed on Abstractions, a more folksy Gaelic version thereof. Oh yes, there's lots of rootsy hillside instrumentation on parade, finger-picked guitars and violas galore, and girls singing "la-la-la" and "doo-doo-doo." Recommended for those aged 38 and over who wear linen shirts and proudly drink organic coffee.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player