Europa 51 Absstractions
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: L
Europa 51 come round rapping sultrily on your door with one question and one question only: at what point do you go from being influenced by the meandering pastoral postures of Tortoise and the breathy, vocalized foxtrots of Stereolab to sounding like a college dive bar-inhabiting cover band? Or, as displayed on Abstractions, a more folksy Gaelic version thereof. Oh yes, there's lots of rootsy hillside instrumentation on parade, finger-picked guitars and violas galore, and girls singing "la-la-la" and "doo-doo-doo." Recommended for those aged 38 and over who wear linen shirts and proudly drink organic coffee.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player