Europa 51 Absstractions
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: L
Europa 51 come round rapping sultrily on your door with one question and one question only: at what point do you go from being influenced by the meandering pastoral postures of Tortoise and the breathy, vocalized foxtrots of Stereolab to sounding like a college dive bar-inhabiting cover band? Or, as displayed on Abstractions, a more folksy Gaelic version thereof. Oh yes, there's lots of rootsy hillside instrumentation on parade, finger-picked guitars and violas galore, and girls singing "la-la-la" and "doo-doo-doo." Recommended for those aged 38 and over who wear linen shirts and proudly drink organic coffee.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player