Ewan Pearson Piece Work
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: !K7
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
The title’s allusion to the form of employment in which a worker is paid a fixed “piece rate” for each unit produced seems a little churlish: While Pearson’s discography might imply that he’s churned the remixes out at a great pace, this 21-track retrospective also reminds that there’s enough quality in there to suggest that his acceptance of commissions is about more than just free-market economics. Compiling reworks of the likes of Closer Musik, Cortney Tidwell, Depeche Mode, and Goldfrapp (twice), Piece Work strikingly highlights Pearson’s faithfulness to the original “song,” as if his intent is to reframe the work of others rather than totally re-imagine it.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player