Exile Dirty Science
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Sound In Color
After a few power moves (like Mobb Deep's "Pearly Gates"), Emanon producer Exile breaks out with a dozen-plus guests by his side. While he doesn't showcase a huge stylistic range, his chopped-up, bottom-heavy beats work well with MED's hard-edged rhymes and even with the doo-wop vocal styling of Miguel Jontel; Slum Village gets the best offering with the megaton Detroit anthem "Time Has Come," featuring a booming bassline and gleaming keys. But look past the couple of under-cooked tracks (i.e. "Pay the Co$$") and Dirty Science shows a great producer in the making.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player