The Exposures Lost Recordings 2000-2004
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Eastern Developments
On Lost Recordings 2000-2004, Berlin producer Jan Jelinek fabricates an aging three-man German ensemble to take responsibility for his own creations. Jelinek (Farben, Gramm) first exposed The Exposures on 2003‘s jazzbient gem La Nouvelle Pauvrete. Now Jelinek even pens deceptive liner notes to accompany the eight tracks here. However, the subtle DSP treatments applied with seductive grit are unmistakably Jelinek. These heavy-lidded, languid mutations of instrumental hip-hop sound like East Dev boss Prefuse 73‘s productions chopped and screwed to a soulful slouch. We see through your hoax, Jan, and we love it anyway.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player