The Exposures Lost Recordings 2000-2004
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Eastern Developments
On Lost Recordings 2000-2004, Berlin producer Jan Jelinek fabricates an aging three-man German ensemble to take responsibility for his own creations. Jelinek (Farben, Gramm) first exposed The Exposures on 2003‘s jazzbient gem La Nouvelle Pauvrete. Now Jelinek even pens deceptive liner notes to accompany the eight tracks here. However, the subtle DSP treatments applied with seductive grit are unmistakably Jelinek. These heavy-lidded, languid mutations of instrumental hip-hop sound like East Dev boss Prefuse 73‘s productions chopped and screwed to a soulful slouch. We see through your hoax, Jan, and we love it anyway.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player