Eyvind Kang & Tucker Martine Orchestra Dim Bridges
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Conduit
It‘s always interesting to hear electronic releases composed by artists who work largely outside the electronic music milieu–they always seem to find different nuances and new approaches to seemingly pedestrian sounds. This collaboration comes from two respected jazz artists, and no doubt there is a strong tendency to hear this album as a jazz release–i‘s cool, relaxed, learned, and sublime. But surely it‘s even better to enjoy its unwavering beauty as an electronic release, similar to World Standard/Wechsel Garland‘s The Isle (Staubgold) from earlier this year. At the same time, the great songwriting, fresh arrangements, and engrossingly gorgeous takes on what would normally be dull electronic gear use make genre assignments moot.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player