Ezekiel Honig & Morgan Packard Early Morning Migration
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Microcosm
Although the tracks on Early Morning Migration are split evenly between labelmates Ezekiel Honig and Morgan Packard, the album sticks closely to the somnambulant ambience of Honig‘s solo output, with none of the meatier drum&bass Packard is known for. However, that doesn‘t make this collaboration any less of a beauty. Early Morning Migration trickles elegantly into the subconscious with whispered percussive elements and the clicks and skitters of artificial (or real?) pebbles falling on pavement. Variations do develop, as repeated listens reveal a muted interplay between the slightly off-kilter effect of Honig‘s "found sound" pastiches and Packard‘s more pristine melodic loops.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player