Faust vs. dâlek Derbe Respect, Alder
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Klangbad & Staubgold
Faust vs. dâlek is one of the most highly progressive/regressive albums in recent memory. Strafing three nonconcurring sessions together under a fire of frothing percussion, seismic bass yawns and malevolent reverb, German aggressive angst editors Faust and New Jersey grit-spewing hip-hop trio dâlek maliciously test the membrane separating headspace from cosmic space. Not quite as dense and unforgiving as dâlek's own material, or as unhinged and shard-filled as Faust's, the staggering loops and drones of Alder still embody a well-informed primitivism, an urgent howl as the participants grapple with each other's natures.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player