Faust vs. dâlek Derbe Respect, Alder
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Klangbad & Staubgold
Faust vs. dâlek is one of the most highly progressive/regressive albums in recent memory. Strafing three nonconcurring sessions together under a fire of frothing percussion, seismic bass yawns and malevolent reverb, German aggressive angst editors Faust and New Jersey grit-spewing hip-hop trio dâlek maliciously test the membrane separating headspace from cosmic space. Not quite as dense and unforgiving as dâlek's own material, or as unhinged and shard-filled as Faust's, the staggering loops and drones of Alder still embody a well-informed primitivism, an urgent howl as the participants grapple with each other's natures.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player