Faust vs. dâlek Derbe Respect, Alder
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Klangbad & Staubgold
Faust vs. dâlek is one of the most highly progressive/regressive albums in recent memory. Strafing three nonconcurring sessions together under a fire of frothing percussion, seismic bass yawns and malevolent reverb, German aggressive angst editors Faust and New Jersey grit-spewing hip-hop trio dâlek maliciously test the membrane separating headspace from cosmic space. Not quite as dense and unforgiving as dâlek's own material, or as unhinged and shard-filled as Faust's, the staggering loops and drones of Alder still embody a well-informed primitivism, an urgent howl as the participants grapple with each other's natures.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player